La Gratitude – Hermanus, South Africa
As the first house built on this stretch of the coast in South Africa, La Gratitude remains the closest house to Hermanus’ most popular and largest beach, Grotto Beach.
Wonderfully private in large grounds bordered on two sides by protected fynbos, La Gratitude has arguably the best location in Hermanus with its proximity to the beaches, cliff path and views.
Known as the Riviera of the Cape, Hermanus is 123kms (a hour and a quarter’s drive) from the centre of Cape Town. It is situated in an idyllic setting in South Africa on the coast of the Western Cape region known as the Overberg. Rich in history and agricultural abundance the drive from Cape Town is almost as beautiful as the destination.
GP Co-ordinates -34.411950, 19.286355
Directions from Cape Town
Estimated time: 01h 15
- Follow N2 from Cape Town for 61km over Sir Lowry’s Pass
- Take the signed R43 left off ramp that leads right over the N2 for 34.5 km until Hermanus.
- Drive along Main Road following the Stanford signs through Hermanus Village until you reach cross the Mossel River and reach a large traffic circle/roundabout
- Take turn straight across circle, follow 7th Avenue for 1.1 km
- Turn right, follow 10th Avenue for 305m
- Turn left into 11th Street cul-de-sac
- La Gratitude is the last house on the right
- Covered distance: 123 km